top under header

Sunday, 10 July 2016

Kiko Haul


On a recent trip to Oxford, I spotted a Kiko store. I wasn't actually planning on doing any shopping but let me tell you I virtually ran when I saw it haha. I love Kiko but don't have one anywhere near home. You can of course buy online but sometimes it's nice to be able to try things out, you know?


I came away with 6 items and I believe the total was around £23, which to me is great value. Some of the things I picked up were actually on sale.

Left to right: Kiko Colour Sphere Shadow 11;  Kiko Colour Sphere Shadow 36, Kiko Water Eye Shadow 229
I bought 3 eye shadows, two of which are the Colour Sphere shadows which I hadn't tried before. 11 is a shimmery lilac shade that I have to say does work better over some sort of primer/ base, but the shade is super pretty and it was also super cheap (under the £3 mark) so I couldn't resist. Shade 36 is a deep shimmery teal that I thought would make a lovely smokey eye as an alternative to the standard greys or browns. Find the Colour Sphere shadows here.

Left to right: Kiko Colour Sphere Shadow 11;  Kiko Colour Sphere Shadow 36, Kiko Water Eye Shadow 229
The third shadow is one of the Water eye shadows, called that because they are designed so that you can use them wet or dry. I love the formula of these and already own shade 200 champagne, which sadly, seems to have been discontinued despite its popularity as it was nowhere to be seen in the store (I never understand why brands discontinue something that is so popular). The water shadows have a lovely smooth, pigmented texture and are super shimmery, with this grey/ silver shade being no exception. Worn wet, they look more metallic. Find the water eye shadows here.


I then picked up 3 lip products. The first is the 'Creamy Lipgloss' which is one of those chubby balm/gloss pencils that have become so popular. This one in shade 102 is really easy to wear, a sheer peachy pink shade with enough pigment to brighten the face. Find the creamy lipgloss online here.

Left to right: Kiko Creamy Lipgloss 102; Kiko Smart lipstick 927; Kiko Pencil Lip Gloss 106
I bought another of the Smart lipsticks (I already own two) in the shade 927, which is a slightly mauve, cool toned pink. This lipstick formula is also very easy to wear. It is nice and moisturising which is something I like in an everyday lip product. Find the Smart Lipsticks here.

Left to right: Kiko Creamy Lipgloss 102; Kiko Smart lipstick 927; Kiko Pencil Lip Gloss 106
Finally, I picked up the Pencil Lip Gloss in shade 06. It was the colour of this that drew me to it. As you can see it is a warmer pink shade with some sparkle. I'm not normally into sparkle in lip products but actually once you have this on, it just makes your lips look fuller rather than being obviously glittery. This has a nice comfortable and non sticky formula but is thicker feeling than the Creamy Lipgloss pencil. It therefore lasts longer on the lips. Find the Pencil Lip Glosses here.

Have you tried any of these products? Do you have any favourites from Kiko?

Em x