top under header

Saturday, 18 June 2016

Review and Swatches: Rimmel Moisture Renew Sheer and Shine Lipsticks


600 'Spin It Spring' 200 'Glow-rious Pink'
I bought two of Rimmel's new Moisture Renew Sheer and Shine lipsticks a few weeks back and must say that I've really been enjoying them. Let's start with the pink packaging...what can I say? I love pink!


The shades I picked up are 600 'Spin It Spring' (a lovely peachy/ coral shade) and 200 'Glow-rious Pink'. The makeup addict in me always feels the need to pick up a warm toned shade and a cool toned shade when I feel like I'm going to really like a particular lip product.

600 'Spin It Spring' (a lovely peachy/ coral shade) 200 'Glow-rious Pink'
The lipsticks are really quite sheer with just one layer, as their name would suggest, but you can build the colour up with a few swipes and they're not so sheer that you don't get any colour from them, as you can see below.

600 'Spin It Spring' and 200 'Glow-rious Pink'
As the name would also suggest, they are really nice and moisturising. They have a nice amount of slip to them and my lips feel nourished and never dry after reapplying them several times during the day.

200 'Glow-rious Pink'
Speaking of reapplying, they're not the most long lasting lipsticks but I think this is to be expected from this kind of formula. Personally I really enjoy sheer, moisturising lipstick formulas for the Summer and I don't mind reapplying. It's sort of like wearing a gloss really but with more pigment than a lot of glosses have, and not as sticky! I also feel like as a result they make my lips look much plumper than they are, they sort of have a 'juicy' look to them if that is a way to describe lips?! haha.

600 'Spin It Spring'


You can find the Rimmel Moisture Renew Sheer and Shine lipsticks for £6.49 via Boots here or via Superdrug here.

Have you tried these lipsticks? Do you prefer sheer, glossy lipsticks for Summer or are you more of a follower of the matte lip trend?

Em x