top under header

Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Beauty Empties and Reviews #19

I had a huge bag of beauty bits I've used up again so here are my thoughts...

Bath and Body


1. Soap and Glory Foam call is a 2 in 1 shower and bath body wash. I normally love Soap and Glory but I wasn't fussed on this one. It was ok enough to use up but I prefer their other scents (Sugar Crush is my fave) and Foam Call also didn't seem to foam up as well as others. This came to me as part of a gift and I won't be buying it.

2. Kind Natured Coconut and Passionflower Bath Soak was something I picked up in Boots when I needed a bubble bath and this happened to be on offer. I was intrigued to see what a 97% natural bubble bath would be like. It smells nice and foamed up well. I would probably buy it on offer again but it wasn't special enough for me to go out of my way to pick it up.

3. Garnier Ultimate Blends Soothing Hydrating Lotion in Delicate Oat made it into my April Beauty Favourites post because I really enjoyed it. It smells lovely without being overpowering and is super moisturising. I'm using other things at the moment but I can definitely see myself repurchasing this one.

4. Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Sugar Scrub is one of my favourite body products of all time. It smells absolutely amazing, as does the rest of the Sugar Crush line, with a very zingy lime scent that is great for waking you up in the morning. It's also a very scrubby scrub that exfoliates really well. I am currently using a mini one that came in a gift set but I have already bought a new full size.


 5. 2 x Nivea Invisible Anti-Persperants. I always prefer roll on deodorants and always pick up the invisible ones too because there is nothing more annoying than your deodorant marking or even permanently discolouring your clothes.
Hair


1. Tresemme Deep Cleansing Shampoo is brilliant for removing buildup of products or for oily hair. I am currently using the L'oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay range which is brilliant (see my review here) but I like to alternate between shampoos as my hair does seem to sort of get used to them after a while. I'm sure I will repurchase this at some point as it's something I have bought on and off for years.

2. Tresemme Salon Silk Conditioner was nice to go with the shampoo. It was quite moisturising but didn't weigh my hair down and again I would repurchase in the future.

3. Herbal Essences Fresh Balance Shampoo is another one I keep going back to that is pretty good for my oily roots, again probably a repurchase at some point but not right now.

4. Percy and Reed Finishing Polish is great for adding light hold to the hair. As I have wavy hair that I like to make more curly, this is great for scrunching in,to define the curls and give them a bit of hold. I have already repurchased.

Skincare


1. Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Cream Wash is my favourite morning face wash. It cleanses my skin without drying it out and contains salicylic acid which is good for oily/ spot prone skin. I have repurchased this many times.

2. First Aid Beauty (FAB) Radiance Pads are exfoliating pads that contain glycolic and lactic acids. They do a good job but are much more expensive than the Nip&Fab equivalent that I normally use. I saw the FAB ones with some other FAB products for a bargainous price so though I'd give them a go to compare and for me, they do basically the same thing. I am going to go back to the Nip&Fab ones because they are very similar but much cheaper. You can see my full review of the FAB ones here.

3. La Roche Posay Serozinc is spray toner than contains zinc, which is great for helping to keep oily/ spot prone skin clear. I really enjoy this and have already repurchased.

4. Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm is an absolute must have for me, literally the best lip balm I've ever used (and I've used a lot).

5. Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1 Makeup Remover is a brilliant oil based eye makeup remover that is budget friendly too. I've lost count of the number of times I've repurchased have done so again.

6. Garnier Micellar Water is great for getting off the bulk of your face makeup before going in with a proper cleanser. Again I have repurchased numerous times and have done again.

7. Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion is an exfoliating toner, similar to the FAB or Nip and Fab pads but in a bottle. I have to say that I didn't love this as much as I was expecting to. When they say mild, they mean it. I would say that it would be good for someone who was just starting out using an exfoliating toner but for skin that's used to them like mine, it was almost a bit too mild. I prefer other things so I won't be repurchasing.

8. Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser is a brillant cleanser than I like using after the Garnier Micellar Water and is a definite repurchase. It really gets my skin clean without drying it out and is pretty similar to the much more expensive Liz Earle Cleanse and polish. You can see my full review and comparison here.

Makeup


I won't go into these ones too much because I've mentioned them numerous times before and I'd be repeating myself, but needless to say they are all brilliant and have all been repurchased at least a few times or even for years.

1. Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer
2. Revlon Colorstay Foundation (Normal-Oily)
3. Max Factor Facefinity All Day primer
4. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
5. Sleek Brow Stylist in 'Light'
6. Sleek Brow Perfector in 'Light'
7. Stila Smudge Stick eye liner in 'Damsel'
8. Benefit They're Real Mascara
9. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

Which beauty products have you used up lately?

Em x