top under header

Sunday, 8 May 2016

Review: Primark PS Velvet Matte Lipstick Crayon in 'Nude'



I went for wander around Primark last weekend and came across their Velvet Matte Lipstick Crayons. I've never really paid much attention to their makeup range before but shade 06 nude took my fancy and since it was only £2, into my basket it went. I figured I wasn't losing much if it turned out to be not much good.

However, I must say that I'm really impressed! Although it is reasonably matte, it is a very creamy matte and it's not totally flat and drying like matte lip products often can be. The texture is actually really lovely to wear and they apply so smoothly. It lasts pretty well then fades evenly-I'm not left with that ring around the edge of my lips that a lot of matte lip products seem to leave as they wear off.

Add to that the shade, and this really is such a lovely product for the price. I feel like it's a really flattering, darker nude/ 'my lips but better' shade on my skin tone but I could see it working equally as well on darker skin tones.

Have you tried any of the Primark makeup range? What do you think?

Em x