top under header

Sunday, 22 May 2016

Review: L'oreal Infallible Sexy Balm


The minute I set my eyes on the L'oreal Infallible Sexy Balms, I had a feeling I was going to like them. I'm not keen on the name I must say (is there any need to call them a 'sexy balm', L'oreal?) but the products themselves are just great.

Top: 102 Gossip; Bottom:103 As If I
Both of the shades I chose (102 Gossip and 103 As If I) are the Sheer variety. They also come in 'bold' shades, which have a lot more pigment. Personally I think this type of balmy product lends itself well to more natural/ neutral type shades and a sheer formula. If I'm going to wear a bold shade, I prefer something matte because I would be worried that anything with too much slip to it would end up smearing around my face (not a good look for anyone!). 


As you can see from the pictures below, Gossip is the lighter shade and it does slightly nude out my lips as it is lighter than my natural lip colour. As If I is more of a natural, 'my lips but better' type shade. Both shades are great for applying on the go. I have been applying them at my desk at work without even using a mirror.


You get a fair amount of product in these twist up chubby pencil type products. I was interested to twist them all the way up and see just how much you get because all too often there is less than you think. 

Top: 102 Gossip; Bottom:103 As If I
They are both very moistursing and glossy. I'm not quite sure why they have the word 'infallible' in the title because this type of product is obviously not going to last as well as a more dry, matte product would. They claim that they provide 12 hours of moisture which I think is a very big claim but what I will say is that after a couple of hours when the colour and gloss has worn off, my lips do still feel moisturised and in good condition. They remind me a lot of the Soap and Glory Gloss Sticks so if you like those, you will love these as well.

102 Gossip
Also like the Soap and Glory version, they have a slightly sweet, fruity taste/ scent but nothing too overpowering. Personally I don't mind a mild taste/ scent to lip products but I don't like anything too strong.

103 As If I
Overall, I really like these and they haven't left my handbag since I bought them a couple of weeks ago. They are £4.99 each, which I think is a good price for the quality of the product and how much you get. They are also currently buy one get one half price via Superdrug here so you could try two shades for £7.50.

Have you tried the L'oreal Infallible Sexy Balms? What do you think?

Em x