top under header

Sunday, 1 May 2016

April 2016 Beauty Favourites


I tried the L'oreal Extraordinary Clay hair care range (currently 3 for £10 here) this month and was really impressed! My hair gets oily at the roots quite quickly but this range gives me an extra day between washes. You can see my full review in my last post here.

I have really enjoyed Garnier Ultimate Blends Body Soothing Hydrating Lotion (currently £3.99 with £2 off here) this month. There's something quite comforting about the oat and milk scent and for a lotion I find it really moisturising. In my opinion it is as moisturising as some body butters I've tried, but in a lighter formula.

I have mentioned three different Estee Lauder lipsticks from the Pure Colour Envy line this month and I haven't stopped using them. The formulas are just lovely. They feel really creamy and the packaging is just amazingly high quality with a very satisfying magnetic click when you put the top on. My most worn of the three if I had to choose is the shade 'Impulsive', which is a lovely everyday pink. See my review and swatches here.

Clinique Cheek Pop blush in 'Pink Pop' (£17 with free P&P here)is another thing I picked up this month and I honestly haven't stopped using it since. It's such a lovely shade for Spring and I love the cheek pop blushes in general (I have a few shades). They have a flattering sheen on the skin, without being shimmery or glittery...it just looks healthy, you know? They're also not too bad a price for a higher end brand.

For almost the whole of March, I used the Revlon 'Highlighting Palette' in Desert Bronze for bronzing/ contouring (it is matte so I'm not sure why it's called a highlighting palette). This month I have gone back to Benefit Hoola (£23.50 with free P&P here). which is, I think, my favourite bronzer as I keep coming back to it even when I try other things. The Revlon one is quite close and I mentioned it as a cheaper alternative in my March favourites, but I think Hoola blends just slightly better.

I had forgotten about my Nip and Fab Glycolic Serum (currently half price at £7.45 here), having been using other products with exfoliating properties (some still from Nip and Fab). I came across it in my skincare draw and went back to using it...oh my does this make my skin smooth. Over time it definitely makes my skintone more even looking/ helps to fade scarring from spots and I'm convinced it's made a fine line that was developing on my forehead look less prominent. Not bad, huh?!

What were your favourite beauty products in April?

Em x