top under header

Sunday, 24 April 2016

The Oily Scalp Saviours


I recently picked up three items from the L'oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay range: I got the shampoo, the conditioner and the clay masque. As an oily haired gal, I thought the range, which is designed for oily roots and dry ends, was worth a shot. As I have long hair, I'm always looking for products to keep my oily roots under control and keep my ends nourished.

Let me start by saying that I love the pretty aqua shade of the bottles-maybe not a deal breaker but well done L'oreal, I like it. As for the products themselves...they have a lovely fruity smell...a bit like melon if I'm not mistaken? It's always a nice bonus when hair products smell really good.

The clay masque is a bit of a strange product. You put in on the roots of your dry hair pre washing. I put in on then leave it for about five minutes before rinsing and shampooing. It is VERY blue and I had a bit of a scary moment the first time I used in when my hands were bright blue, but it did wash off with soap and water so nothing to worry about. I did feel that the extra step made my hair feel very light, like all residue had been removed and it was super fresh and clean. I will say, however, that when I used it two washes in a row, my scalp felt slightly dry and itchy. I now use this once a week and that's enough even for my rather oily roots.

The shampoo and conditioner have the same scent as the masque. The shampoo feels nicely cleansing but not too stripping and the conditioner is just nourishing enough without being too heavy or weighing down the hair.

So do they make my hair less oily overall? Yes, they do. I am able to go an extra day without washing my hair than I can using every other shampoo/ conditioner combo I've ever tried (and that includes the times in between when I don't use the masque). Normally, my hair pretty much needs washing every other day. I can extend it 1 more day with dry shampoo if I need to. However, with the Extraordinary Clay range, I can go an extra day before I need to use dry shampoo, which is brilliant! This means I can more easily get away with washing my hair twice a week, which is great when you have a lot of hair and it seems to take an age to dry and style it.

Overall, I'm really impressed with this range! I am continuing to use the shampoo and conditioner twice a week and the clay masque every other time and can definitely see myself repurchasing them.

You can find the range via Boots here, currently on 3 for 2.

Have you tried the L'oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay range? What do you think?

Em x