top under header

Wednesday, 20 April 2016

Raspberry Glitter Nails


I absolutely love glitter tip nails with a gradient effect, they're so easy to do yet look so effective. I always get loads of compliments when I do my nails like this and people asking did I get them done then when they realise I did them myself, how I did it. I also love this colour combination so thought I would share...


I used a Revlon Colorstay polish called 'Rich Raspberry' as the base colour. It's my type of colour and I'd forgotten about it for a while but recently got it out again when re-organising my nail polishes. I'm actually near the end of the bottle. 

I then painted about half of the length of my nails with a Rimmel 'Glitter Bomb topcoat in 'Disco Fever', which is clear with square, chunky glitter. Finally, I added a finer silver glitter polish from No 7 called 'Disco Ball' onto the tips to intensify the glitter and finished everything off with Orly 'Glosser' top coat.


I think some of the polishes may have been discontinued but I'm sure you could replicate it with your favourite fuchsia pink and 2 silver glitters, one more chunky and one finer.

What do you think? Do you like glitter nails?

Em x