top under header

Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Pay Day Beauty Treats and a Free Beauty Bag

I recently started a new job and have been working very hard doing some pretty complicated training...so when my first pay day came, I thought I deserved a treat! Look Fantastic also had money off some higher end make up bits that I had my eye on plus I had some extra off with a discount code, so I couldn't resist.

Firstly, I picked up the Estee Lauder Colour Envy Shine lipstick in 'Suggestive'(£25 here), which is a pretty warm pink with a hint of coral that is perfect for Spring. I rently reviewed one of these in the shade 'Innocent' (see my review here) and I was so impressed with the formula that I wanted to try another.The Shine version have much more pigment than your standard more glossy lipstick formula and they have a nice shine to them without being super shiny. You can see my full review of the formula here.



Secondly, I picked up the shade 'Impulsive' from the standard Colour Envy line (£25 here), which is also a pink but less warm and more neutral toned. I think this is a versatile shade as it has enough pink in it to not be a nude so it's enough to brighten up my face but still nice and subtle for wearing to work etc. It would also be great paired with a smokey eye or even as a bridal shade.

The standard formula has more of a creamy, satin finish. As you can see, the packaging is slightly different (the shine range are taller and thinner and the lipstick itself is a different shape) but both look very classy with he navy and gold design and both have a super satisfying magnetic click when closed. They both have a good weight to them, feeling equally good quality.



The third thing I picked up is a Clinique Cheek Pop blush in the shade 'Pink Pop' (£15.30 here. I actually had these blushes in three shades already and they are well used, with the shade 'Plum Pop' in particular looking very worse for wear! 'Pink Pop' is a lovely light pink shade that's perfect for Spring and the formula of these is just lovely. They are sheer but buildable, which I like in a blush because it's easy to end up looking clown-ish with a super pigmented one. They have a slight sheen to them that is very flattering but are not noticeably shimmery. I also love the cute little clear compact with the embossed flower design that lasts a surprisingly long time since it's very raised.


As an added bonus, I received a free beauty bag full of the goodies you can see below with my order, I believe for spending over a certain amount. I was definitely impressed by the generous samples inside! Here's what it contained...

First is a 'Tanworx' (by skincare brand Monu) Tanning Lotion. I haven't tried proper fake tan in a long time, really all I've used in recent years is gradual tan because in the past, I have had a couple of disasters and I really wasn't the best at tanning. I will probably give this a go though because it's got some really good reviews. The full size 200ml costs £25 here so this 100ml size is worth £12.50.

Next is the Monu Recovery Balm moisturiser which is actually a full size (50ml) and costs £25 here so is a brilliant freebie to get. Monu say 'The gentle formula of this balm works as immediate relief to soothe irritation and reduce inflammation to all skin types, especially sensitive or over worked skin.'

The final Monu product is the Monu Revitalising Moisturiser for Normal or Combination Skin which is great for me since my skin is combination-oily. Again, this is a full sized product (50ml) that retails for £25! (find it here). I've never tried anything from Monu so getting some freebies is a great way to try it.

Next up is Lancer 'The Method Polish'. I'd never heard of the brand but it seems to be pretty expensive with an 120g tube of this retailing for £60 here! I would never spend that on a face scrub unless it worked some sort of miracle on my skin but it will be interesting to try the 14g they sent.


Also included was a mini Korres Basil and Lemon shower gel that smells lovely and fresh. I will put this in my travel bits-I keep a bag of travel sized toiletries as I get them instead of having to go out and buy them when I travel or stay overnight at a friend's house. This mini size is £3 here.

Then there is a Lord & Berry Maxi Matte Crayon Lipstick in a nice pinky/ plum shade that I think might be called intimacy? It's not very clear on the packaging really but it's a lovely colour. Again, I've never tried the brand so it will be interesting to see what I think and it's worth £8 (link here).

Finally is two sachets of EmergenC which is a vitamin powder you dissolve in water and it makes an orange flavour fizzy drink. Again interesting as I'd never heard of these. I do take vitamins from time to time so I'll give these a go.

I know that Look Fantastic do these free beauty bags from time to time and if this one is anything to go by, I'd say that if you're looking to order some bits, it's worth doing it when they have this offer on. Mine includes some interesting things that are worth a fair bit for freebies!

Have you tried any of these products? What do you think?

Em x