top under header

Sunday, 3 April 2016

March Beauty Favourites


It's time to tell you about my favourite beauty products for the month of March! Here we go...

Revlon Highlighting Palette in 'Desert Bronze' (£9.99/ buy one get one half price herehas been my most used bronzer/ contour this month. I'm really not sure why this is classed as a highlighting palette since it is matte but it makes a great contour shade as it is very brown and not at all orange like some bronzers can be. I actually think it would be a pretty good more budget friendly alternative to Benefit's Hoola.

I have been applying this with the B. Blusher/ Contour Brush (£8.99/ buy one get one half price here). It is a nice soft brush and is precise enough for me to contour with but large enough that my bronzer/ contour doesn't end up being too concentrated. See my review of the brush here.

This month, I have gone back to my trusty Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in 'Seductive Pink' (£8.99/ 3 for 2 here). I've already been through an entire one of these and the dome of this one is starting to flatten out too. The finish of these blushes with their slight sheen is just beautiful without being shiny, glittery or oily looking and this is my favourite shade.

Another thing I have gone back to using that I'd sort of forgotten about is the Revlon Lip Butter in 'Strawberry Shortcake' (£7.99 /3 for 2 via Boots here) which is a lovely sheer pink shade. I started a new job this month and I've enjoyed this because I can reapply it at my desk without a mirror and it keeps my lips moisturised while adding a bit of colour. The colour brightens up the face but isn't too much for everyday. I've been enjoying the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in shade 07 (£18 herefor the same reason. This product gives more shine than the Revlon Lip Butter, it is like a gloss-balm hybrid. See my review of them here.

I did a bit of nail polish shopping in March (see my post here) and I have been enjoying all the polishes I bought but I have been particularly enjoying Essie's 'Summit of Style', which is a beautiful rose gold glitter polish with large and small glitter pieces. Fragrance Direct have it for a bargainous £2.49 here (normally around £8).

Soap and Glory's Sugar Crush Body Lotion (£10/ 3 for 2 here) is something I've used a lot this month. I have been using the whole Sugar Crush range on and off for a long time now and I would go so far as to say that the lime smell is my favourite ever scent as far as bath and body products go. I have been through a few of the 'buttercream' body butters from the same range but I find that the lotion is usually moisturising enough for my skin and you get a lot more of it for around the same price. I also love body moisturisers in pump bottles because they're just really quick and convenient to use.

Have you tried any of these products? What were your favourite beauty products last month?

Em x