top under header

Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Worth The Hype? TheBalm Mary Lou-Manizer


TheBalm's May Lou-Manizer is one of those products that has been on my mental wishlist for absolutely ages but I have never managed to justify buying. I have tried a few of the brand's blushes, all of which are amazing so I was pretty sure I would like this highlighter too. However, I knew that it was a strong highlighting product and half wondered if it would be too much on my combo-oily skin...but I recently had an Amazon voucher to spend and decided to just go for it.

Firstly I would like to say how much I love the packaging. It's so cute and fun with the blonde pinup 'convict' on the front of the compact. The compact itself feels like nice quality and comes with a mirror inside.

The product itself? Well...wow! It really is so smooth, pigmented and gorgeous (see swatch below!). Personally, I use it with my MAC 188 stippling brush or my Real Techniques setting brush (nothing too dense) on my cheekbones to avoid applying to much. Having oily skin, I always worry that anything overly shimmery or shiny on my face will make me look oily but it's sooo pretty even when used in moderation. If you are someone who loves that really highlighted look, you will also love it because you can easily get a more subtle or really strong highlighted look from it. 


I also love to use it as an eye shadow (which it does mention on the packaging). On the eyes, it's just stunning. I like to use it over my eyelid with some matte browns in the crease or in the inner corner of my eye, which makes me look really wide awake. If you wanted a really simple, fresh faced look then just this across the lid with a bit of mascara would be lovely. I think the level of pigmentation and the gorgeous champagne shade are what makes it work really well as an eye shadow too.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product! You need such a small amount that I think it will last me forever and a day. The cheapest I can find it at the moment is via FeelUnique here, where there is currently 10% off the usual £17.50 price tag.

Have you tried this or any other products from TheBalm? What do you think?

Em x