top under header

Saturday, 13 February 2016

Review: Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick (Serenity)


I bought the Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick in 'Serenity' after seeing it in a few blog posts over recent months. It just looked like such a beautiful colour and I loved the sound of a hydrating matte-I was hoping for lasting power without drying my lips out.

I will say that since I bought it, I was doing a bit of research about the company and there seems to be quite a lot of drama between them and some bloggers and youtubers...I'm not about to comment on that as I didn't look into it any further so I don't know much about it...but what I do know is that I bagged myself a really quite lovely lippy for under a tenner.


The product comes with a doe foot type applicator. It is very pigmented so a little goes a long way (I don't have to dip back in, what's on the applicator is enough for both lips).I love the pink-brown-nude shade, which works well for an every day look or also works nicely with my signature smokey eyes for evening wear. It's a darker nude once dried down (which takes a few minutes) so although it looks good on my fair skin because it doesn't wash me out like some paler nudes can, I also think it would look good on more olive/ tan skin tones.

So does it live up to the claim of being non drying? Absolutely! It dried down to the point were I didn't feel like it was going anywhere but it didn't dry my lips out at all, which is pretty unusual because I don't get on very well with many liquid lipsticks since I am someone who likes moisturising/ non drying lip products.I found that it lasted about four hours when during this time, I ate a meal. Some of it was still there but it needed touching up around the centre of my lips so not bad at all.

You can find the Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks via Beauty Bay for £9.50 here (free delivery over £15).

Have you tried anything from Gerard Cosmetics? What do you think?

Em x