top under header

Wednesday, 10 February 2016

My Favourite Lip Gloss: Two New Shades!


I'm not sure whether I've ever actually mentioned them on the blog but I should have done because they're fantastic...Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfectors. I'm not a big lip gloss wearer...quite a change really because up until the last few years I was pretty much a lip gloss only wearer and didn't own many lipsticks at all (anyone else go through a phase of being absolutely obsessed with the Lancome Juicy Tubes?). However, these days, I can't abide sticky, gloopy stuff on my lips that my hair is going to stick to and I also like a bit of moisture in my everyday lip products. The lip perfectors are the perfect solution!


They have a yummy vanilla taste and are lightly pigmented, moisturising glosses. They really do improve the condition of my lips if they're not feeling great so this product is actually like a lip balm-gloss hybrid.They are totally non sticky and just feel nice and smooth and balm-like on. They give just enough colour to wear without a lipstick, although if you're someone who likes your lip products super pigmented, these probably won't be for you. Personally, I like something more on the sheer side for day to day wear at work etc, mostly because they are much lower maintenance when I don't have the time for checking my lippy is still in tact all the time. These wear off nicely and in a non-obvious way.


So...imagine my delight when Clarins released two new shades with their Spring 2016 collection! I picked up their two new shades, 07 Toffee Pink Shimmer and 08 Plum Shimmer via Debenhams here for £18 each but they should available anywhere Clarins is sold. I have added these to the four I already owned and I genuinely love each and every one of them. Although £18 is a bit on the pricey side for a gloss, I think these are worth it for the added moisturising benefits and non-stick factor. You get a pretty decent 12ml in each so you are getting plenty of product for your money too.

Have you tried the Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfectors? What do you think?

Em x