top under header

Thursday, 12 November 2015

My New Makeup Brush Cleaning Tool


I was recently browsing the ASOS site and decided to order a dress. Just before I was going to check out, I found these in the 'New in accessories section' (out of stock as I am writing this but hopefully they will restock them soon). Now these things are meant for exfoliating your face, but I immediately thought that they look a lot like tools I've seen people use to clean makeup brushes and I thought I'd give them a whirl.

The pink rubbery pads have a little handle on the back that I can put between my fingers with the pad face up in my hand, enabling me to wiggle my brushes backwards and forwards over the little bumps/ bristles. As you can see from the picture of it in my hand, it is pretty small but it's big enough for me to clean my brushes effectively. The bristles are very fine and super soft. I put a little drop of Dr Bronner's liquid soap onto the pad and swirl my brush around and it really does foam up a lot in comparison to just using my hand. I'm glad I picked these up because they help get the makeup out from deep in the brush bristles more quickly.

You do get two in a pack so if you just wanted them to use for brushes, you could share a pack with a make up loving friend!

What do you think?

Em x