top under header

Saturday, 21 November 2015

MAC Shopping


It's really not very often that I buy anything from MAC and it has been that way for a long time. I went through a phase of thinking I needed a huge collection of MAC eye shadows and it was the brand to beat all brands, but that's really not the case. They have some great products, don't get me wrong, but they are certainly not the be all and end all. However, I recently picked up a few things from the Debenhams website while they had 10% off across beauty. It's rare to get any discount at all on MAC and I had a few things I wanted so I thought I might as well take advantage.

I have been putting off repurchasing 'Cork' and 'All That Glitters' eye shadows for a while after completely finishing them (they will be coming up in m next empties post!). I have some similar shades so have been trying to give those some use instead but they're just not quite right. I find MAC shadows to be quite variable and there are some I've tried that have been very poorly pigmented, but these two are great quality and great everyday shades. I like to wear 'All That Glitters' all over my eyelid and cork in the crease for an easy everyday look.

Thirdly, I picked up 'Sketch' eye shadow, which I haven't owned before but I've had my eye on for a while. It's a deep brown-burgundy type shade, which I think will be lovely for using in the outer corner of my eye to deepen it up (a bit more interesting than a standard dark brown). It would also be nice used with purple shades.

Finally, I picked up a replacement Studio Fix Powder Foundation in shade NC15. I have nearly finished one of these and recently picked up the Too Faced powder foundation for a good deal in TK Maxx to see if it would replace it. However, it doesn't have as much coverage and I do prefer the MAC one for carrying in my bag. I will use the Too Faced for putting over foundation lightly when I want to build the coverage of my foundation so it won't go to waste. I like the MAC one for touching up during the day though because having oily skin, if I have a long day I tend to lose a bit of coverage from my nose and chin. A powder with coverage is the perfect way to top up.

What are your favourite MAC products? Is there anything you'd recommend?

Em x