top under header

Sunday, 1 November 2015

Beauty Empties and Reviews #15

Once again I have a bag full of empty beauty products so I thought it was time to share my mini reviews and whether I will repurchase them. There are quite a lot of products here because I left it a little longer than usual...the bag was actually beginning to overflow! A lot of my skincare products seemed to run out at the same time for some reason so this post is going to be quite skincare heavy!


I finished up a pack of the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Wipes, which I like as wipes go. They're softer than others I've tried and remove make up quickly. I wouldn't recommend wipes as a cleanser alone (except in emergencies). However, I sometimes like to use them to remove the bulk of my foundation etc before washing my face and I have already repurchased these.

The Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1 Makeup Remover is my favourite product for removing eye make up. It takes off even heavy make up easily but isn't too greasy feeling like some eye make up removers can be. I have been through loads of these and am already half way through another as this has been sat there empty for quite a while.

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish is one of my favourite cleansers. It just seems to agree with my skin and helps to clear it up when it's a bit spotty. As a result, it's always something I come back to. I'm using a couple of other cleansers at the moment but I need to repurchase this one soon.

Garnier Micellar Water is one of my essentials that I've bought over and over and I'm using another bottle. Similar to the wipes, it's something I like using to remove the bulk of my make up before cleansing properly.

The Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser is a nice budget alternative to the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. It's often on offer for around the £3 mark and I've already repurchased. You can read my review and comparison of the two here.


La Roche Posay Serozinc is basically water and zinc in a spray can. It's massively hyped and honestly I don't think it's the miracle product some people claim it is, but the zinc does help with irritation and it's a nice hydrating toner to use before your moisturiser so I have repurchased.

Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Cream Wash is a nice morning cleanser for those with spot prone skin. It contains salicylic acid with is good for my skin type but its creamy texture means it doesn't dry my skin out like other face washes for oily/ spot prone skin. This is something I've used for years and continue to do so.

Nip and Fab Glycolic Fix Scrub is a nice scrub that I use about once a week. It isn't too harsh but still gives a good exfoliation. I use the Nip and Fab Glycolic Fix Pads in between the scrub, every evening after cleansing. They are a nice chemical exfoliator that are quick and easy to use and my skin responds well to them, again repurchased.


I really like Aussie conditioners in general and I picked up the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Colour Deep Treatment for a bargainous £1 in my local £1 shop. I don't have coloured hair but I find that conditioners for coloured hair are just more nourishing and it's fine to use them on non-coloured hair. I enjoyed this one and already have another bottle because I picked up 2.

I have finished 2 cans of Batiste Dry Shampoo, one in the Eden scent (medium size) and one in the Tropical scent (small size). I always have a can of Batiste on the go as it's an essential for me and these two are my favourite scents.

Percy and Reed Finishing Polish is another of my hair essentials and I've just started on another tube. It's a thick cream with a light hold that's a good alternative to hairspray. I scrunch it into my wavy/ curly hair for a bit of hold and frizz control but it's nice on straight hair too.


Aromatherapy Associates Bath and Shower Oils are a lovely relaxing treat. They are super expensive for a bath product but I'd recommend them if you can pick them up on sale like I did. I enjoyed this little set of them and you can see my full review here. I am now using my full size bottle of the 'relax deep' scent, that I picked up in the same sale. 

As a rule, I really like Sanctuary Spa products but this Sanctuary Body Scrub, which was a mini from a gift set, was a bit disappointing, It's more like a shower gel with some scrubby bits rather than a proper scrub. If that's what you're after then you might like this but I prefer my scrubs to me more abrasive so would definitely purchase something else instead of this.

Sure Crystal Invisible Antiperspirant is something I buy a lot because like it says, it doesn't leave any marks on clothing-something that I appreciate!


Rimmel Stay Matte Powder is an essential for me, it keeps my skin matte for a good length of time and doesn't look cakey.

Revlon Colorstay Foundation is something I always go back to because it lasts well on my skin and I can get a brilliant colour match-the shade Buff is pretty much perfect for me at the moment.

Too Faced Shadow Insurance is a great eye shadow primer that stops eye shadows from creasing or fading. I would happily use this again but I have a couple of other eye primers to use so won;t be buying it again straight away.

Collection Lasting Finish Concealer is a great long lasting, high coverage concealer for redness/ spots. I don't use it under my eyes because it feels a bit too dry there but it's something I've repurchased over and over and will continue to.

Max Factor All Day Primer is again something I've been through a few of. It helps my make up last doesn't feel greasy like some primers can and contains SPF20, which is enough if I'm just running errands/ going to work etc and am not spending much time outside.

Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in 'Seductive Pink' is one my favourite blushes ever. It has a slight sheen to it and is a nice everyday shade for fair skin. The formula is so easily blended that it almost blends itself so it's a good option for when you're in a rush-I just sort of slap it on and go! It's rare that I use a whole blush up so the fact that I've finished and repurchased it tells you just how good it is.

Have you tried any of these products?  Which beauty products have you used up recently?

Em x