top under header

Friday, 7 August 2015

What's In My Travel Make Up Bag: City Break


Next up in the posts about our little city break to Edinburgh is what I'm taking on the make up front. I didn't want to be lugging too much stuff with me but I still wanted options....


Base

We will be doing some sightseeing on this trip so I want my make up to last so I don't have to worry about it lasting. I am therefore bringing my Max Factor All Day primer. Over that will be the L'oreal Infallible Matte foundation. I actually have 2 tubes of it because unfortunately I have to mix shades but it is is a long lasting foundation that stays matte for a long time even on oily skin. I am bringing the Rimmel Match Perfection Concelaer, which I am currently using under my eyes. I usually don't need concealer anywhere else on the face when I use this foundation as it has good coverage, but just in case any spots appear or anything, I'm bringing the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. For powder, I have the Bourjois Rice Powder (a pinky, brightening powder with a slight sheen to it) for the under eye area and Rimmel Stay Matte Powder for everywhere else.


Cheeks/ Face
I am bringing my Cargo Contour Palette in 'Monaco' because I'm really enjoying it at the moment (read more about it in my review here). It contains a bronzer, blush and highlight so is 3 products in one. I'm also bringing my Clinique Cheek Pop in 'Plum Pop'. Bringing a 2nd blush wasn't strictly speaking necessary but I like to have the option of a coral/ peach blush and a pink. I love the finish of this one-it has a slight sheen without being shimmery. It originally had a flower design on the top but as you can see, it's been very well used!



Eyes
I wanted to bring a neutral eye shadow palette that I can do simple daytime eye makeup with, or deepen it up a bit if I want to. We don't plan on doing anything too dressy but might well go out for a nice dinner on our wedding anniversary, which we are away for, so it's nice to have the option. I decided on my Too Faced Natural Eyes palette because it has a good mix of mattes and shimmers and it contains everything I need. The other eye related things I will be bringing are the Too Faced Shadow Insurance, which keeps my eye makeup in place all day and the Soap and Glory Kohl in the shade 'Cocoa Bean', which is my favourite eye liner at the moment. The mascara I'm bringing is the Too Faced Lashgasm, which came in a set I bought a while ago. It's a decent mascara although not my favourite, but I'm trying to use it up. I have my GOSH Forever Eye Shadow in 'Beige', which is a sparkly eye shadow crayon in a long lasting, waterproof formula. For my brows, I am bringing my 2 everyday products, which are the Sleek Brow stylist (an angled, twist up brow pencil with a spoolie on the other end) and Sleek Brow Perfector (a tinted brow gel), both in the shade Light.


Lips
For lips, I wanted something more on the warm side to go with the coral blush so I'm bringing MAC Coral Bliss lipstick. My 2nd lip option is MAC Peach Blossom, which is a perfect light peachy pink shade that would go nicely with more pink blush. It's also a lovely lipstick for if I decide to deepen my eyes up a bit in the evening because it is more on the nude side.



Brushes/ Tools
I'm not bringing a foundation brush because I actually prefer to apply the foundation I'm bringing with my fingers. I am, however, bringing the Real Techniques Complexion Sponge because I like to bounce it over my skin afterwards just to make sure that everything is well blended and I also like using it to blend in my concealer. I am bringing the Real Techniques powder brush for my powder, setting brush for setting my under eye concealer and for my highlighter, blush brush for my bronzer (I actually find it too big for blush) and multi task brush for my blush. As far as eye brushes go, I am bringing a MAC 217, which can be used for applying colour on the lid, crease or blending. Then I have a Revlon blending brush and a MAC 219, which I use to smudge out my eye liner. Finally, there is my Mister Mascara eyelash curlers. As you can see, I need to give my brushes a clean before I go!

I could streamline this a lot more if I really wanted to, but it all fits into a largish make up bag, which I don't think is too bad for a self confessed make up junkie! haha.

Which make up do you like to bring with you when you're travelling? 

Em x