top under header

Friday, 21 August 2015

The £2 Solution for Travelling With Make Up Brushes


While doing our weekly food shop at ASDA the other day, I spotted this 'Really Useful Box' as it is called. It came with a piece of paper with pencils on it rolled up inside so I'm assuming that's what it is designed for, but the make up junkie in me saw it and instantly thought it might work well for brushes!

The great thing is that since it is made from rigid plastic, your brushes won't be floating around with your make up getting squashed or damaged. As a bonus, when you get to wherever you're going, you can pop the lid off and use each half as holder to stand your brushes up in.

I will say that if you are someone who travels with loads larger of make up brushes, then it probably won't be big enough for you, unless you want to buy more than one. For reference, it measures just over 7 inches long and the diameter is just over 2 inches which is just big enough for my essentials. I managed to fit 3 larger face brushes and 4 eye brushes in, but I did put brush guards onto the larger ones to keep the bristles compact without them ending up with a funny shape (I got mine via Amazon here a while ago, if you want to find out more about them).

Overall, I think this would be useful for someone who travels with just a few make up brushes. You can find the 'Really Useful Box' tube here via the brand's website. ASDA don't seem to have them online but it's worth checking your local store.

What do you think?

Em x