top under header

Monday, 31 August 2015

Fancy vs Functional


I have a lot of my make up stored in the acrylic drawers from Muji (although I dream of having the space for a nice dressing table, maybe one day!). I still like having an everyday make up bag though because it just makes it quicker to get ready in the mornings. I like a good sized make up bag that I can see everything in. I like it to be big enough to have a few options and have some excess space to rummage around-if everything is tightly packed in, it can be hard to find what you're looking for without tipping it all out.

I was previously using a vanity case style bag from Primark but it had got so grubby and tatty looking that I needed a replacement. I recently picked up these clear make up bags from Superdrug, which are perhaps not the most attractive, but they're very functional. I love that these are clear PVC because I can see where everything is and where I need to reach in to get it, plus they are also wipe clean. I imagine that they'd actually be pretty useful for make up artists as well as for personal use. I am going to use the biggest of the 3 for my make up bag at home and the other two would be great for travelling with.

On the other hand, I have several much more pretty make up bags that rarely get used. I have a particularly pretty little one from that was a gift from the Ted Baker range at Boots, it's really beautiful...so beautiful that I'm scared to put make up in it...does this even make any sense? lol. I tend to use it for putting jewellery and accessories in when I'm travelling instead, to avoid the risk of things spilling on it.

How do you prefer your make up bag to be? Fancy or functional?

Em x