top under header

Monday, 24 August 2015

Beauty Empties and Mini Reviews #13


Yet again I've got a big bag full of empty beauty products. As I think I said in my last empties post, I have still been making an effort to use up those things with just a little bit left to get rid of some clutter.


Make Up
All I've used up on the make up front are two of my favourite day to day items that I repurchase over and over. The first is the Max Factor All Day Primer, which really helps to keep my make up on for longer and contains SPF20. The second is the Rimmel Stay Matte powder which does what it says on the tin. I use the shade 'Peach Glow'.



Skincare
I've used up a whopping seven skincare items, which are mostly made up of repurchases but there are a couple I probably won't. First I have three make up removal products. The Garnier Micellar Wipes are not something I use all the time because I like to remove the bulk of my make up with the Garnier Micellar Water most nights, which is something I've also finished. The wipes are good for lazy nights or emergency make up removal after a night out when you're just too tired, but I normally still wash my face with a proper cleanser afterwards as it's far better for the skin. Alongside these, I use the Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1 Make Up Remover, which works great even on heavier/ waterproof make up and is something I repurchase all the time.

I have used up a couple of products from the Nip + Fab Glycolic line. The Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix pads are something I use most nights as an exfoliating toner and they help keep my skin smooth and clear. The Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Serum is stronger than the pads so gives a bit of a boost if you want to give your skin a good exfoliation. This is something that I used maybe 2 or 3 times a week. I have another one because I bought them on 3 for 2 and I will used it up. However, I'm finding that I'm using their Overnight Purifying Gel in place of it. I feel like it's slightly more effective as a treatment for my oily/ spot prone skin because it contains salicylic as well as glycolic acid. I think I'd repurchase that over the serum next time, although it's still a great product.

The Garnier Pure Active moisturiser is something I've used when I've been a bit spotty because it contains salicylic acid. It definitely works but I'm not sure I would buy it again because it contains a lot of alcohol. Since buying it, I've been trying to avoid products that are too stripping/ contain a lot of alcohol because they're not great for the skin. 

 Finally, we have the Simple Kind to Skin Eye Balm, which is a lightweight eye cream that sinks in quickly and is ideal for the morning when I'm applying make up afterwards. Another definite repurchase.


Hair/ Random 
I'm not entirely sure why I photographed my empty shave gel with the hair products but I did so here we go. I used up the Gilette Satin Care with a touch of Olay shave gel. This felt nice and moisturising. I would buy it again if I saw it on offer but I went for a cheaper one as a replacement. It was nice but I figure that if I apply a moisturiser afterwards (which I do anyway), the moisture in the shave gel doesn't make too much of a difference.

 For hair, I have a Batiste Dry Shampoo (no surprises there) and a Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner. The Batiste Blush isn't my favourite scent (I picked it up when others were out of stock) but Batiste does a great job of absorbing excess oil, I just feel like you need to be sparing with it to avoid grey hair. The conditioner was quite nice and I picked it up for around £1 on offer. I wasn't that amazed by it that I need to run out and get it when I have others to use, but I would have no problem with using it again.



Bath/Body
I have used up six bath and body items, the first being the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Moisturizing Body Oil. This is a great multi purpose oil that you can use as a moisturiser or in the bath. I might well purchase it again at some point but not just now as I want to use other things up first. Then we have an Imperial Leather 'Paradise Island' bubble bath, which I believe I picked up for around £1. I like to have a cheap one that my husband can put in the bath. That sounds really mean haha but I actually let him use some of my Aromatherapy Associates bath oil recently...not that he'd care to admit that to his mates lol. Generally though, he's not one for fancy bath products so something from the supermarket does the job and this one smells nice. Then we have four Soap and Glory items, all of which I love. I used up the Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub, Righteous Body Butter, Clean on Me shower gel and Flake Away Scrub. I'd definitely buy all of these again, just not at the moment, again due to trying to use things up (especially bath and body products). They all smell gorgeous and work well.

Which beauty items have you used up recently?

Em x