top under header

Friday, 28 August 2015

August 2015 Beauty Favourites


I can't believe it's already the end of August and time to tell you about my favourite beauty products again but here we go. I haven't really bought anything new this month as I've been trying to enjoy what I already have as well as saving a few pennies.

I bought the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Overnight Purifying Gel (£14.95 but on offer via Boots for £7.47 here), near the end of July and it really has become a favourite skincare product. It is a gel that contains glycolic and salicylic acids to chemically exfoliate and zap spots and niacinamide which acts as an anti-inflammatory on the skin. I find that it's a great all round treatment for my combo-oily, spot prone skin when it's not feeling its best. When I use this at night, I wake up with much clearer, smoother feeling skin and any spots are vastly reduced overnight.

My most used lipstick this month has definitely been MAC Peach Blossom (£15.50 via Debenhams here), which is a pretty peachy pink/ nude shade. I find that it goes with most make up and is great for every day or in the evening paired with a smokey eye. It isn't the longest lasting due to its creamy finish, but I can forgive it that because it means that it feels nice and moisturising on the lips.

When I haven't been wearing that, I've been reaching for my Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in shade 05 (£18 here). I'm not a big fan of lipgloss but these fall somewhere between a gloss and a balm in my opinion. They feel so nice and moisturising and give a sheer tint to the lips. This shade is quite peach but it comes across as a peachy pink shade once on the lips since the colour of your lips shows through it a little.

I just finished the mascara I was using til earlier in the month (which annoyingly, I forgot to include in my last empties post) and went back to an old favourite, Boots Seventeen Falsifeye HD Mascara (£6.99/ currently 2 for £8 here). To me, it's a great all round mascara. It gives me length, seperation and some volume in a couple of coats and looks quite dramatic on my lashes, which is what I like.

I've mentioned before how much I love this line of nail polishes but this month, the Maybelline Super Stay Nail Polish in 'Pink Volt' (£4.49/ buy one get one half price via Superdrug here) has been a favourite. It's been on my toes all month and my fingers for a lot of the month too. I just love a bright pink shade in the Summer (even if we haven't had much sun this year!).

I have gone back to my very well loved Clinique Cheek Pop in the shade 'Plum Pop' (£17 via Debenhams here) this month, and I still love it just as much as when I first bought it. These have such a nice finish on the skin. They are almost matte but just with a slight glow to them. I definitely wouldn't describe them as shimmery so they're great to add a slight glow on my more oily skin type without making me look oily.

What were your favourite beauty products this month?

Em x